Who We Are
Southtowns Radiation Oncology is an effort among three premier providers to deliver state-of-the-art radiotherapy services to cancer patients in Western New York. This network includes:
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center that has served patients across the country and around the world since 1898, with the largest oncology specialty group in the region
- Catholic Health, one of the largest providers of healthcare in Western New York, with a network of four hospitals on five campuses; home- and community-based care services; and numerous primary care, diagnostic and rehabilitation centers
- Buffalo Medical Group, among the oldest and largest multi-specialty physician practice groups in New York State
Through this collaboration, patients have access to the highest level of care, located conveniently within the Buffalo Southtowns. We can provide access to additional cancer specialists and clinical trials, as needed.
Your initial visit with us will involve a consultation where we address all the treatment options available to you, in addition to discussing the specifics of radiation therapy. Our goal is to provide you a comprehensive understanding of your diagnosis and treatment options, and help you navigate through the next steps. You will have the opportunity to ask questions to make sure you are comfortable with the care plan. Treatment recommendations will be consistent with national guidelines, including the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and the American Society for Radiation Oncology.
Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate cancer care within the Southtowns of Buffalo.
Southtowns Radiation Oncology has achieved a Gold Standard of Accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR). What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.